Written by alpatel
INTERNET / WAP
Enjoy Internet / WAP access on your phone or other hand-held device!To activate, send a free SMS saying WAP (space) phone make (space) phone model number to 15300.
Example: WAP NOKIA N70
~ You will receive an instruction SMS with the WAP settings. Some phone models simply require you to press OK to accept the setting. If prompted for a PIN, simply enter the code provided. Default PIN is 1234.
~ Now you are ready to surf the Internet! Simply open your phone web browser and type the web address you want to visit!
NB: Some devices are enabled with more Internet capability (than basic WAP) so if you use such a device, use the keyword INTERNET instead of WAP.
MMSSpice up text messages with colour photos, pictures, sound, animation and video with Vodacom MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service).
First, check if your phone supports the MMS feature (Information usually located under ‘Messaging’). Then, write an SMS saying MMS (space) phone type (space) phone model number. Send to 15300. MMS activation is FREE!
Example: MMS NOKIA N70
You will receive an SMS with the MMS settings. Some phone models simply require you to press OK to accept the setting. If prompted for a PIN, simply enter the code provided. Default PIN is 1234. Now you’re ready to create and sent an MMS to other mobile numbers or to any email address!
Send an MMS immediately to complete your activation!
How to send MMS?
- Simply open the item (photo, video clip, music file etc) that you want to send via MMS. Select ‘Options’ and then ‘Send’ or ‘Send Via MMS’. Most handsets will indicate that the item may be too big and needs to be re-sized. Select ‘YES’ if this happens. You can also add a subject line as well as text.
- To send MMS to an email address, simply write the email address instead of a mobile number in the 'To' field of the MMS.
- You don't need a camera on your handset to send an MMS. If you received or downloaded an image from another source you can forward the image by following the steps above.
- Phones that are not MMS-enabled will receive an SMS notification whenever an MMS is sent to them. Such MMS will be accessible online at http://mymms.vodacom.co.tz. Customers may simply log in using their mobile number and the message key provided in the SMS.
When MMS is sent from Vodacom to other national mobiles (Tigo, Celtel and Zantel), these customers also receive an sms asking them to view the MMS at
www.mymms.vodacom.co.tz. There is a message key indicated within this sms. The customer must simply login as an 'Unregistered user' and use this message key to view the MMS sent to him.
- MMS sent to ANY email in the world is delivered as an email.
- MMS sent to either mobile number or email address charged at Tsh 75 plus VAT.
- MMS sent to International numbers will not be sent or delivered since presently Vodacom MMS works only to national mobile operators.